Personal/Group Mountain Biking Tours
If one of our pre-planned tours is not what you are looking for - you just want to ride - the JTX can customize a ride to your ability and the trail characteristics you like.
Here are some options:
* Lehigh Canal Path (easy rail-trail biking)
* Lehigh Canal Singletrack (advanced mountain biking)
* Mauch Chunk Ridge (moderate mountain biking)
* Butcher Hollow (moderate mountain biking)
* Upper Switchback Trail (moderate mountain biking)
* Lehigh & New England Rail-Trail (easy rail-trail biking)
* Twin Peaks Ride (advanced mountain biking)
* Twin Peaks Ride - Tom's version (expert-only mountain biking)
* Tamaqua Strip Mines (advanced mountain biking)
Give the JTX a call and we can discuss which of these trails (or many others in the area) suits your ability and your desired length/time. Prices for custom tours vary depending on the number of people and length of ride.
* BYOBike for bike tours means you either bring a bike OR rent one in Jim Thorpe. We can help you get a rental - we'll take care of the whole rental deal if you want - but the point is that JTX does not provide bikes.
** Note that although times are flexible, there is one tour given per day – the first reservation is what determines the day’s tour. Call to find out what tour is going on a specific day, or if you’re planning ahead reserve the trip you want to take!